Email aliases are used to forward emails to other email addresses. For example, if your domain name is example.com, you can create an alias called email@example.com. Then you can set up this alias to forward to multiple email addresses. Aliases are great if you need to send email to many email addresses at once on a regular basis and you do not want to add them to a CC or BCC field. However, aliases only forward incoming emails, so you are not able to send outgoing email from an alias.
If your email is hosted by Paubox and you have an admin account, you can set up aliases.
- Login to your admin account https://m.paubox.com/iredadmin/
- In the navigation bar at the top of the page hover over +Add and click on Alias
- Enter the Mail Address and Display Name you want your alias to have and click Add
- On the next screen, scroll down to Add new members
- Enter the email addresses that you want to forward to, one email address per line
- Click the Save changes button at the bottom of the page
- That's it!
Keep in mind that you cannot have an email address and an alias with the same name on your domain.