Paubox does a great job with seamless encryption for email systems that are setup to handle encryption. However, if you email people that use older, legacy and/or cheap email systems, oftentimes those services cannot handle encryption. When that happens, Paubox automatically uploads your message and any attachments to our secure web app so that it can be securely viewed using a 256-bit HTTPS connection. This step is necessary to ensure your emails are always securely delivered.
When this happens, here’s what that means for the person you are emailing:
- Their incoming email, all of it, is 100% clear text and open to be viewed, intercepted or copied by unscrupulous third parties.
- It’s highly likely 100% of their outbound email is also unencrypted and vulnerable for others to read.
- They have virtually zero email security at the transport level. It’s no longer a pipe dream that others are capturing email data while it travels across the Internet.
And this is what you are saying by asking those users to click a secure HTTPS link:
- You care about your data. You care about email security.
- Your email is HIPAA compliant.
- ALL of your email is being securely sent and DELIVERED securely.
- Since they have zero email encryption in place, it’s only a extra click to securely view your email.
If you are reading this page because you got an email like this:
It’s because your email system isn’t setup to handle encryption. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
Related Question: Which email systems does encryption automatically work with?