Setting up Paubox Encrypted Email for G Suite (Google Apps) contains three parts: Changing DNS records, Setting up Inbound encryption and setting up Outbound encryption.
Part I: Changing DNS Records for G Suite (Google Apps)
G Suite (Google Apps) asks that you setup your MX records so that they look similar to these:
MX 1 aspmx.l.google.com.
MX 5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
MX 5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.
MX 10 alt4.aspmx.l.google.com.
MX 10 alt3.aspmx.l.google.com.
To get Paubox Inbound Encryption going, you’ll need to make 2 changes to your domain’s DNS records. First, change your MX record so that it has just one MX record. To change the MX record, figure out who your domain name host is and then update your domain host records.
The only MX record you want to have for your domain name is: mx2.paubox.com
Second, change your SPF record so that it’s set to:
v=spf1 include:_spf.paubox.com include:_spf.google.com -all
Before making these changes however, make sure we have verified that you are correctly setup on our end first. Click here to get started.
Part II: Setting up Inbound & Outbound Encryption for G Suite (Google Apps)
You will need to use the Google Admin Console to configure your inbound and outbound email to go through Paubox. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the Google Admin Console
- Click the Apps icon
- Next click on the G Suite box
- Now look for the Gmail icon and click on that.
- On the following screen, scroll down until you see Advanced settings >>. Click on that.
- Scroll down and look for a setting entry that says Inbound gateway. Click the Enable, then click the Edit.
- Next click the Add button and enter this subnet range: 18.104.22.168/16
- Click Save
- Next check the box next that says Require TLS for connections from the email gateways listed above
- Scroll down to near the bottom of the next screen. Look for an setting entry that says Outbound gateway. Type in the following to set your outbound gateway: outbound.paubox.com
- After entering your new Outbound gateway, click the blue SAVE CHANGES button on the bottom right side of your screen.
- That’s it!