Setting up Paubox Encrypted Email for Office 365 contains two parts: Setting up Inbound encryption and setting up Outbound encryption.
Part I: Setting up Inbound Encryption for Office 365
If your organization’s domain name is example.com, Microsoft Office 365 asks you to setup your MX record like this:
MX 10 example-com.mail.protection.outlook.com.
To get Paubox Inbound Encryption going, you’ll need to make 2 changes to your domain’s DNS records. First, change your MX record so that it has just one MX record:
Second, change your SPF record so that it’s set to:
v=spf1 include:_spf.paubox.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all
Before making these changes however, make sure we have verified that you are correctly setup on our end first. Click here to get started.
Part II: Setting up Outbound Encryption for Office 365
You will need to use the Office 365 Exchange admin center to configure your remote, outbound email to go through Paubox. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to https://outlook.office.com/ecp to access the Exchange admin center. If you haven’t logged in already, you’ll need to do that first in order to be granted access.
- On the left menu, click mail flow and then connectors. You should see a screen like this:
- Click +
- On the pop-up window that follows, select
From: Office 365 and To: Partner organization. Then click Next
- Under *Name:, enter Paubox. Then click Next
- Make sure Only when email messages are sent to these domains is selected, then click +
- In the Add domain field, enter * then click OK
- Click Next
- Choose Route email through these smart hosts then click +
- In the add smart host box, enter outbound.paubox.com then click Save
- Click Next
- On the next screen, make sure Always use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure the connection (recommended) and Any digital certificate, including self-signed certificates are selected. Click Next.
- Click Next again
- On the next screen, click the + and enter [email protected] as the validator email address. Click Next.
- Click Validate
- After the test is successful, click Close
- Next click Save
- The Paubox connector for Office 365 is now live.