*This only applies to email accounts that are hosted by Paubox. Additionally, for Paubox's email sync tool to work, the email account that emails are migrating from must be in IMAP format.*
*The email sync tool does NOT import contacts from your current email host over to your Paubox hosted email account. Use this article if you need to import your contacts into your Paubox hosted email account.*
When you sign up for a Paubox hosted email account, you can have all your emails from your current email account copied and pasted over to your Paubox email account. This process of transferring emails from one account to another is call email migration. This is a great benefit because it means that you will be able to retain important emails and not lose any vital ePHI or business information.
To perform an email migration, we ask that the email account your are copying emails from is an IMAP account and that you have a Paubox hosted email account. Not sure whether your current email is setup as IMAP or POP? No problem, we have a great article written up about this topic.
How to sync your emails using Paubox's email sync tool:
If you are migrating emails from a Gmail/G Suite account use the instructions in this article
If you are migrating emails from a Yahoo/Aabaco account use the instructions in this article
1) Login to Paubox's webmail interface
2) Click on Settings. Under Preferences, you'll see an option called Sync Emails. Click on it.
3) Enter your email address and existing password with current email provider. In the drop down box called Server. If your provider isn't one of the options provided, choose Custom Server then enter your incoming IMAP server hostname. A secure connection is already assumed, so you don't need to enter in a port number.
4) Click Save. The system will automatically take you back to the Paubox webmail interface homepage.
5) Once the process begins, to see the subfolders and folders just logout and log back in to email account.
As long as you've entered the correct username and password, the process will start to work in the background. The length of the migration process will vary depending on the size of the inbox you are copying from and your internet connection.