*This article only applies to emails that will need to be hosted by Paubox Inc.*
When you are switching from your current email provider and over to Paubox Inc. you need to determine whether or not you need to migrate emails from your current email hosting provider over to Paubox or not. Should you need to migrate the emails and your current email account is setup on Outlook 2011, you can use Outlook to do the migration. Below is a step by step instructions on how to accomplish this.
Part 1: Export the .olm file from Outlook 2011
Export to an Outlook for Mac Data File
When you export to an Outlook for Mac Data File, you can choose to filter information by category or by item type.During the export process, you can choose to keep the exported items in Outlook, or to delete them after they are exported.
On the File menu, click Export. Another way you can do this is click on the Tools tab and then click on Export.
Click Outlook for Mac Data File.
Click Items of the following types, and then select all the check boxes.
Click the right arrow to continue, and then follow the instructions.
- Select No, do not delete items, when asked if you want to delete items after they are exported. Click on the right arrow on the bottom to continue to the next step.
- Choose a file name and click Save.
- Wait while your Outlook file is being exported. This could take anywhere between 2-10 minutes.
- Click Done when the export is complete.
Part 2: Import the .olm file into Paubox email account
Once you saved your exported .olm file, you now need to import it into your Paubox email account.
- If you have not done so already, you need to setup your Paubox email account on Outlook 2011. The instructions for this can be found here.
On the Outlook for Mac File menu, click Import.
Click Outlook Data File, and then click the right arrow.
Select a data file type, and then click the right arrow.
Locate the data file on your computer, and then click Import.
When the import process is complete, click Done.