If your Outlook application shows that it is disconnected, it could be affecting your ability to configure a mailbox, view mailboxes, or send and receive emails.
How to tell that Outlook is disconnected
- Open your Outlook application and click on your inbox
- At the bottom of the window, you will see text that states Disconnected
Methods to resolve the disconnected issue
- Check to see that you are connected to the internet.
- You can do this by opening a web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE) and type in a valid webpage url.
- If you are unable to access the webpage, there is most likely something wrong with your internet connection.
- Restart your computer and launch the application again
- Set your Outlook to Work Offline mode and then take it off Work Offline mode
- Click on the Send / Receive tab
- Click on the Work Offline button and then click again so it is not highlighted
- Go back to your inbox and check to see if you still see the Disconnected text at the bottom of the window
If these methods do not work, please contact us by submitting a ticket.