If you are a G Suite hosted customer and needs to revert your settings to not use Paubox anymore, please follow the instructions below to revert your settings back to what they were prior to Paubox.
Part I: Changing DNS Records for G Suite (Google Apps)
To remove Paubox's Inbound Encryption going, you'll need to replace Paubox's MX record with that of G Suite. To change the MX record, figure out who your domain name host is and then update your domain host records.
If you only have outbound encryption with Paubox, ignore this step. The G Suite MX records should look similar to the ones below.
MX 1 aspmx.l.google.com.
MX 5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
MX 5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.
MX 10 alt4.aspmx.l.google.com.
MX 10 alt3.aspmx.l.google.com.
Second, change your SPF record so that it’s set to the standard G suite SPF record as seen below.
v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com -all
*If you have ancillary email services, double check to make sure that they are included in the SPF record as well.*
Part II: Removing Inbound & Outbound Encryption for G Suite (Google Apps)
You will need to use the Google Admin Console to configure your inbound and outbound email to go through Paubox. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the Google Admin Console
- Click the Apps icon
- Next click on the G Suite box
- Now look for the Gmail icon and click on that.
- On the following screen, scroll down until you see Advanced settings >>. Click on that.
- Scroll down and look for a setting entry that says Inbound gateway. Click the Delete.
- Click Save.
- Scroll down to near the bottom of the next screen. Look for an setting entry that says Outbound gateway. Remove the outbound gateway: outbound.paubox.com
- Click the blue SAVE CHANGES button on the bottom right side of your screen.
- That’s it!