Please be sure that you have completed the Paubox Self Service Wizard before you begin making these changes. If you completed the Paubox Self Service Wizard, you would have received an email notification regarding your install to the email address you signed up.
Sign in to your Amazon Web Services account
- Go to http://aws.amazon.com/.
- On the AWS site, click My Account at the top of the page and select AWS Management Console from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the account username and password that you created when you purchased your domain from AWS. Click Sign in using our secure server.
- Can't remember your Amazon Web Services username or password? You can reset your password or contact Amazon Web Services support.
Go to the AWS domain settings
- In the AWS site, click All services.
- Scroll down to Networking & Content Delivery. Click Route 53.
- In the DNS mangement section, click Hosted zones.
- Under Domain Name, click the domain for which you want to update the MX records.
Add Paubox MX records
- Click Create Record Set.
- In the Create Record Set section on the right, select MX - Mail exchange from the Type drop-down list.
- In the TTL field, enter 3600.
- In the Value field, enter one of the following.
- For G Suite hosted customers: 10 mx2.paubox.com
- For Office 365 and Exchange hosted customers: 10 mx1.paubox.com
- Click Create. The screen will refresh and you'll see your new MX record listed.
Delete your other existing MX records
- If there is any other existing MX record sets, select it by clicking the box to the left of the MX record set.
- Click Delete Record Set on the top right.
- Click Confirm in the dialog box that displays.
- Repeat these steps until you only have one MX record set with either mx1.paubox.com or mx2.paubox.com.
Add the Paubox SPF record
- Click Create Record Set.
- In the Create Record Set section on the right, select TXT - Text from the Type drop-down list.
- Leave the Name field empty and leave the Alias field as No.
- Set the TTL (Seconds) field to 3600.
- Set the Value field to one of the following.
- For G Suite hosted customers: "v=spf1 include:_spf.paubox.com include:_spf.google.com -all"
- For Office 365 hosted customers: "v=spf1 include:_spf.paubox.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"
- For Exchange hosted customers: "v=spf1 include:_spf.paubox.com include:10.1.1.1 -all" where 10.1.1.1 is replaced with your Exchange IP address.
- Leave the Routing Policy field at Simple and click Save Record Set.
- Having more than one SPF record for a domain can cause problems with mail delivery and spam classification. Please only use one SPF record. For more information about SPF records, please visit our help center.