This Help Center Article is a How To on installing HIPAA compliant email without causing increased workflow, account creation, or passwords for your organization and patients, clients, and customers.
Feel free to scroll through each section or use the Table of Contents links to jump to the section that is most relevant for you. Before you proceed, we highly recommend making sure you read the TO COMPLETE... below.
- G Suite Basic, Business, or Enterprise Account
- Admin Access to your organization's G Suite Admin Dashboard (admin.google.com)
- Admin Access to your organization's Domain Host
Installing Outbound Encryption takes no more than 10 min to complete. The best part is the changes are effective immediately. You will want to complete all 3 Parts to ensure peak performance and delivery of your email.
- Create an Outbound Gateway in your G Suite Admin Dashboard
- Update your TXT record in your Domain Host
- Send a test email and Verify flow in your Admin Dashboard
- Having the correct login credentials prior to attempting the install will make your life a lot easier.
- If you do not know who your Domain Host is and/or where to login. We recommend contacting whoever setup your website as they are can point you in the right direction or make the updates a lot quicker.
- Same goes for G Suite Admin Panel, if a reseller created everything for you, then contact them and have them use the guide to make the changes.
- Don't be shy! Contact Paubox Support if your stuck. Thats what we are here for. Your time is valuable and we want to make sure this install is as painless as possible
Part I: Build an Outbound Gateway
- Go to your Google Admin Console
- Click the Apps icon
- Click on the G Suite box.
- Click on the Gmail icon.
- On the following screen, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Advanced settings >>.
- Type Outbound gateway in the Search settings bar or scroll down to Routing
- Type the following under Route outgoing emails to the following SMTP server: outbound.paubox.com
- Click the SAVE button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Part II: Update your DNS Records (specifically your TXT) for G Suite
- Login to your Domain Host.
- Click on the Control Panel and/or Manage DNS Records link.
- Click Add at the bottom of the Records section.
- Click the Type dropdown and select TXT.
- Enter @ in the Host field or your domain if it does not accept the @ symbol.
- Enter the following in the TXT value or Text field.
- v=spf1 include:_spf.paubox.com include:_spf.google.com -all
- If you have multiple tools that you use to send emails like Sendgrid, Survey Monkey, etc, then use this Help Center Article to see an example of how to create a custom one.
- Leave the default value in the TTL field.
- Click Save.
- Remove any prior TXT records.
- Click Save if necessary.
Part III: Sending and Verifying a Test Email
Sending a Test Email
- Login to your Organization's Gmail
- Click Compose
- Address to Paubox15@gmail.com
- For Subject enter Test
- In the body type Success
- Click Send
- Congrats you have sent your first encrypted email!
Verifying a Test Email
- Login to your Paubox Admin Dashboard
- Click Login
- Click on Statistics under Outbound
- Verify green bar graph should be visualizing outbound email count passing through our servers
- Click on Mail Log under Outbound
- Check our response to ensure we verify encryption as well.
- We request that you give us 24 hrs to respond.
Optional Part IV: Inbound Security
One of the solutions that you do have access to is Inbound Security. Our Inbound Security adds an additional layer of email filtering to your inbound emails (emails sent to you). We filter for Phishing, Malware, Ransomware, etc.
If you would like to install Install Inbound Security, then please use this link to access directions.